Monday, June 29, 2009

New York Mission Trip

So I know that most of these posts will be about my time in Nicaragua but I figure I can talk about anywhere that I'm going this summer. I spent this past week in New York City with our Sr. high youth serving with Center for Student Missions. We had the opportunity to see New York from the eyes of a "real" New Yorker. We stayed in Brooklyn and spent time in the Bronx, Manhattan, and Brooklyn of course. We served at a variety of ministries such as soup kitchens where we helped to prepare and serve a meal or hung out with and talked with the homeless. It was rather eye-opening and a great experience.

We also got very familiar with the subway system and did some touristy things like an NBC studio tour and seeing STOMP. Overall, a lovely time was had by all. Photos will be posted at some point...

No comments:

Post a Comment